Thursday, February 1, 2007

LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!

I have finished the testing phase of my new system. I am very anxious to get the ball rolling. I will start trading the system next week. I can't wait. I will try to post trades as soon as I make them. Most all trades will be entered at 5:00pm est. Hopefully we can all make some pips of this. Next order of business is to name the system. I will have something by Monday. Any suggestions please feel free to email.

I have done very little live trading this week. My USD/CHF long trade stopped out for -20pips, bummer, this has been a tough pair to trade this year. I did enter USD/CAD short Monday night and closed out for 40 pips. Yesterday I got lucky and caught GBP/USD long for 100pips after it retraced down to the 1.9620's and then shot up to 1.9737. Crazy news this week. Today I had EUR/JPY for 30 pips, but had -40 pips on a EUR/CHF trade. All in all a decent week. I will not trade tomorrow, market will be very volatile due to the US NFP (NonFarm Payroll). I will take my positive week and call it good.

The NonFarm Payroll is a measurement of all new jobs created in the last month excluding the farming industry. This number really moves the market. A rising trend is good for the greenback, a declining trend is bad, obviously, for the greenback. It is forecast to come in around 146k which is about a 20k decline from November. I would not bet on that number, the forecasts are rarely correct on this. The NFP is so important because it is the first report of the month that relates to labor conditions. It can set the tone for the entire month of trading. I will watch it, just won't trade it. Next week is the week. Every trade will be based of the new system, there will be no deviations. I am excited!

No comments: