Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Rolling right along

Ok, new day and one new trade. For reference there will be days with many trades, days with a few trades, and days with no trades. The key is to stay disciplined. When there are no trades, I can't go hunting for one. This has always been my Achilles heal. I want to trade, I need the fix. I would have a great week going and then make a trade that really didn't fit the profile. We all know what happened next. Bad trade, let the losses run trying to get back to even, positive week turns negative, blahhh. We have all been there. I have changed my ways, no more I say! Follow The Grail (hope this name isn't already taken, I kind of like it). The Grail will show me the way. So on to the trades. First updates on the open trades:

USD/CAD-Still in the red, have moved s/l to 1.1900. I believe there may be a short lived spike towards 1.1870 before a nice retracement. Definitely do not want to make a habit of moving s/l on trades in the red, but after scrutinizing the charts I believe this is warranted.

EUR/USD-Closed 1 lot @ 130.10 (+30 pips) and moved s/l to 129.90 (trailing) locking in +10 pips. Have lowered target to 130.40. I was concerned about this trade but it has turned out very nice.

New trade today: EUR/JPY long @ 156.98 s/l-156.20 tgt point 158.25. Will close 1 lot and move s/l 157.10 upon break of 157.50.

Don't forget about the BOE Interest Rate Statement upcoming. It could be a wild ride, although I would be very surprised if they hike again this soon.

No comments: